The word Nichya [ni-ʧja'] has two meanings in Russian
- free, that doesn't belong to anyone
- draw, equal score, nobody wins
In 2021 we created a theatre lab where women staged plays made by women. The lab was created in partnership with social, artistic and communicative project "Eve's Ribs".
In Oct2020 we had an open call for feminist plays with a quote for 1 man writing about the crysis of masculinity. We also accepted plays by gender-fluid, non-binary and transgender people.
In Nov2020 our expert board chose the short-list.
Idiots, Olesya Likhacheva, Voronezh
recording interrupted, Elina Petrova, Saint-PetersburgThe first presentation of the play "recording interrupted" was in 2019 on The Lubimovka Young Russian Playwrights Festival.
Mastectomy, Kacia Chekatouskaya, Minsk
Me for you the sea, Marta Raytses, Saint-Petersburg
Mukti, Zukhra Abakarova, Moscow
Immaculately, Lidia Golovanova, Saint-Petersburg
Flesh, Dasha Che, Saint-Petersburg
Fish, Natasha Tuleshins, Saint-Petersburg
For Her, Olga Kazakova, MoscowThe first presentation of the play "For Her" was in 2019 on The Lubimovka Young Russian Playwrights Festival.
Please contact the authors for staging the plays or any other work.
In Dec2020 we had an open call for the director's applications.
In Jan2021 the expert board chose 6 applications that were implemented in the lab. The participants' names are:
1. Karina Besolti (Moscow), "Mukti" by Zukhra Abakarova
2. Anastasia Bytsan (Saint-Petersburg), "Immaculately" by Lidia Golovanova
3. Ekaterina Davydova (Saint-Petersburg), "recording interrupted" by Elina Petrova
4. Angela Datskaya (Volgograd), "Flesh" by Dasha Che
5. Anna Kulikova (Moscow), "Me for you the sea" by Marta Raytses
6. Elina Kulikova (Moscow), "For Her" by Olga Kazakova
7. Maria Sapizhak (Saint-Petersburg), "Mastectomy" by Kasia Chekatovskaya
8. Ekaterina Shiryaeva (Moscow) , "Fish" by Natasha Tuleshina
As a special part of the program there was a stage reading of the play "Body awareness" by Annie Baker, staging and translation by Maria Kritskaya.
Feb2021 was a rehearsal time.
The lab took place in Mar2021!
We also had an educational program, where Russian and foreign specialists shared their experience of using femoptics in theatre. All interested were able to participate after registration.
All the performances and lectures in the lab were 18+